Anna Maria Oh My!

I recently learned about author and designer extraordinaire Anna Maria Horner while listening to a CraftSanity podcast (my favorite thing to do while scrubbing the dishes). What captivated me the most about her (before I'd seen her vibrantly yummy fabrics) was that not only did she become a mother at a young age, but she has also gone on to accomplish great things doing what she loves. Now 35, she is the mother of six (amazing!) and going strong in her creative career. I, too, was (and still am) a young mother and am totally inspired by Anna Maria to see my own creative endeavors through. 


So, after hearing her podcast interview I just had to find out more about her work and fell immediately in love with her fabric collections. She also has a book of sewing projects called Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing. Not only does she include patterns with the book, but she gives you an entire section on sewing basics if you're new to sewing (or just need a refresher). The project I most want to try is the pin cushion caddy--a giant pin cushion with an open center for all your other sewing neccesseties. 


You can also find Anna Maria on her blog (I love her recent post Quilting Questions and Anna Answers ) and website , as well as purchase patterns, fabric stacks, and autographed copies of her books. And she's coming out with a new book this month--Handmade Beginnings: 24 Sewing Projects to Welcome Baby. I would love to get my hands on this one to whip up something before our little girl arrives!

Go check out this crafty mama and be inspired to create and do whatever it is you love to do!

Labels: , , ,