With all the night nursing that comes with a newborn, we figured it would be easier to keep her in our room for the first couple of months or so. With that in mind, we found a cradle that would fit in our little room (and that the kids couldn't tip over!). It came with a mattress, but was in need of some sheets.
I used some old twin and queen-sized sheets I had stashed to make these three. I didn't see a need to make more than three--with all the washing newborns require I figured one for the cradle, one for the hamper and one for the wash would do.
Once I figured out the measurements (I miscalculated on the first one) they were pretty simple to sew. The tutorials above would be perfect if you wanted to customize your nursery bedding! I favor keeping it frugal and making do with what I have on hand.
This little cradle won't be empty for much longer!
Labels: baby, sewing, thrifting, upcycle