Ready to Receive

receiving blankets

I finished this set of receiving blankets last week or so. I linked to the project last month and it took me about that long to complete them! I bought four different yards of flannel on sale at JoAnn's and some crochet-lace yarn and a tiny hook--it was a little tedious getting the hang of crocheting around the edges, but I eventually got the hang of it.

receiving blankets

This was a perfect sitting project for the car or in front of the tube. This is my favorite blanket by far; I love the old-fashioned flower print. And I love that these are extra large--most of the store-bought blankets don't keep a squirmy baby bundled up for long! They're also great for nursing. 

crochet birdie
I've also whipped up some sweet little crochet birdies using Lucy's super-easy-to-follow tutorial  over at Attic24. I love that they're made out of a crocheted circle folded in half! I'm almost done making a mobile out of these and some embroidery hoops (maybe I'll get it up before the baby arrives!)

crochet birdie

(I couldn't resist taking this photo.)

gathered zipper clutch

I celebrated my sister's birthday last night, and spent a good chunk of the day sewing this little gathered clutch from Noodlehead. I used green and purple linen as well as a bit of butterfly printed cotton I picked up at the Renegade Craft Fair in Austin. 

gathered zipper clutch

I had the zipper on hand and shortened it to the length needed by whipstitching a new stop--this was my first attempt ever at sewing a zipper (or a clutch) so I was pretty proud of myself.

As you can see if been biding the time with a flurry of projects trying not to think about when in the world this baby is going to come. I know that my making-mania will come to an abrupt stop for a while as we adjust to the changes a new baby in the house brings--I'm looking forward to taking a deep breath and just sitting back with her in my arms (at least for a minute) before the chaos begins!


Labels: , , ,