It's March already...time to start mending! If your just joining in, check out this post
to read more about why I've devoted this month to the mending basket. Here's a peek at what I'll be working on this month:
- Replace diaper cover elastic--We've been cloth diapering for about a year now, and although most of our diaper covers have held up wonderfully, there's one in particular that's been out of commission for a while.
- Replace button on Liam's pjs--He's gotten used to not buttoning his shirt up, but he does ask me from time to time when I'm gonna get around to fixing it (a downfall of being crafty--your kids ask if you can make/fix everything!).
- Knee patches--I know there's at least a pair of jeans or two that each of the boys need patched up.
- Mend split seams--Likewise, Eleanor and I each have a couple of shirts with seams that are coming undone--a really quick repair job, but just one of those thing I haven't made time to do.
- Hem pants--I have a few pairs of thrifted and gifted pants that need hemming, and what girl couldn't use more clothes in her closet?
- Bed skirt--Okay, so this one isn't technically mending, but I took off the dry-clean-only part on our bed skirt a long time ago and have yet to finish altering it to put it back on--I will get it back on this month!
- Glue broken piggy bank--Who says mending has to include a needle and thread? We have a cute little piggy bank we haven't been able to use yet because of a broken foot--and how hard can using a little glue be?
So, there you have it, my mending list. I have to get it done now that I've shared it with the world, right? And I'd love for you to mend along with me! Grab a button below (copy and paste the code) and feel free to link up in the comments.
"http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5259/5466490249_9ff0175edf_o.jpg" width="200" height="200" alt="mend along
Here are some more ideas from around the web to inspire you to mend along with me:
- Remake, Reuse, and Save your Faves with Sew4Home.
- A roundup of nifty mending projects from Craftzine.
- How to mend an old quilt with Craftzine.
- How I Broke a Safety Pin Addiction and Started Mending Clothes by Small Notebook.
Labels: blogs to see, mend along, sewing