One of the best deals you can find at the thrift store is board games. You can easily find classic games like Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble, but you can also find unique and rare vintage ones as well. We are a big board game loving family, so of course I've amassed quite the collection. Click through to see just how many I've collected (and which one are our favorites!).
This post contains affiliate links.
So if you're counting there are 24 thrifted board games in our stash. Some are in better condition than others, but I found them all for a fraction of the cost of new ones. I usually try to check inside the boxes to ensure all of the pieces are there--which sometimes requires gently peeling back packaging tape. (Hint: to remove tape at home, use a heat gun to warm up the adhesive and peel away without tearing the box.) But don't let missing pieces deter you if it's a game you adore and is hard to find--you can often find missing pieces on Ebay.
Board games make for a perfect gift idea. Here's a closer look at my collection along with links to where you can find your own used ones online:
From bottom to top:
- Masterpiece the Classic Art Auction Game
- Jumanji the Game
- Vintage Candy Land
- Vintage Sorry
- Vintage Twister (plus Vintage Animal Twister pictured below)
- 221B Baker Street the Master Detective Game
- Wildlife Adventure (made by Ravensburger, one of my favorite board game makers)
8. National Geographic Global Pursuit
9. Alpha Animals
11. The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Game
12. Clue Junior
13. Monopoly Junior
14. Goodnight Moon Game
16. Rivers, Roads & Rails (also by Ravensburger)
17. Goldie Blox and the Spinning Machine
18. Angelina Ballerina's Dancing Game
20. Scrabble Junior Madeline
21. Scrabble Junior
22. Huggermugger Junior
23. The Wind in the Willows Game
24. Le Petit Prince Dominoes
The Wind in the Willows game has to be one of my all time favorite board game finds. I'd never heard of it before (the game, not the book), and it's so much fun to play with the kids. Animal Twister and Jumanji are also at the top. Many of these games are actually collector's items now and would go for top dollar if you're looking to resell them online!
What are your favorite family board games? Any good thrifted finds?