Nesting

nesting

With the baby due in just 26 days, I'm definitely starting to feather up the nest around here. Which really means I have a hundred sewing projects I want to get done before she arrives--they're mostly all baby-related though. Like this sweet little hen, who also also a surprise tucked away...

nesting

nesting

The pattern is Anna Maria Horner's Henny Penny and Six Chicks from her recent book, Handmade Beginnings (which my sister-in-law got me for my birthday). I know it will be a while before the baby plays with it much, but I thought it would be something she and Eleanor could share. 

I've been getting a little anxious over the baby's impending arrival, mostly all of the unknowns that come with it--how the labor and delivery will go, will she have all ten toes and fingers, how will life at home change, how emotional I'll be. I'm also looking forward to time with a newborn again. I know that my free time will shorten up for quite a while, but there's something special about that time to bond and focus on a new baby. As exhausting as it can be, I'm excited to get to know her, to see how the kids react to her (especially our youngest, Eleanor), and to become a mother all over again. 

So I'm getting myself into the new-baby-mode, and am whipping up a few more things to prepare for and celebrate her arrival. And this sweet little hen is the perfect symbol for taking another little one under my own wing.

nesting

Happy nesting to all you mamas-to-be!




Labels: , ,